Notice of Completion

Proof of Appropriation and Beneficial Use of Ground Water Form: U.W. 8-P - Pump Information Only - Complete and submit this Form when the U.W. 6 Form was submitted without the pump information.
Application To Relocate Or Deepen An Existing Well: Form R&D-1 - (Note:  When a well is relocated or deepened, a new U.W. 6 Form must be submitted.  If a pump has not been installed in the well when the U.W. 6 Form is submitted, pump information must then be provided on an Addendum to Statement of Completion Form)  

Application to Deepen an Existing Well: Form U.W. 6-69 - This form may be used for all types of wells, but only when the quantity of water to be developed will not exceed the appropriative right and the use of water will not be increased or otherwise changed.  This form is not to be used if the well is to be relocated.  A Form U.W. 6, Statement of Completion and Description of Well or Spring, must be submitted to the State Engineer's Office within 30 days after completion of the well.

Temporary Water Use Agreement - Ground Water Source - Request to allow a temporary change of use of a water right to occur for a maximum of two years.

Abandonment Notice - Abandoning a Well/Cancellation of a Water Right

Cancellation Request - Abandoning a Well/Cancellation of a Water Right

Addendum to Statement of Completion Form - Required 1) when a pump is replaced in a well, or 2) when a well is relocated or deepened, and the U.W. 6 Form is submitted prior to installation of the pump (i.e., the pump information must then be provided on the Addendum to Statement of Completion Form)  

Filing an Enlargement of an Existing Water Right - Procedures for Preparing an Application for Enlargement


SW-1 Ditches, Pipelines, Waterhauls - This form is for permitting a new diversion from streams, including ditches, pipelines, and Temporary Water Hauls. ($50 filing fee) This form is also used for special application stock or domestic diversions from a stream not exceeding 25 gallons per minute. ($25 filing fee)  Use the Item 10 continuation  to make item 10 tabulations prior to entering them on the SW-1 form

SW-2 Enlargement of Ditches, Pipelines - This is the application used to enlarge an existing SW-1 facility. The enlargement may physically enlarge the facility to allow the diversion of more water by adding points of use (more lands) or it could just add uses to the existing facility. ($50 filing fee)

SW-3 Reservoirs - This form is used to permit new reservoirs or enlarge existing reservoirs. Reservoirs that qualify as Special Applications can use the 3A (see below) with the SW-3 form. Reservoirs that meet or exceed the minimum height and capacity requirements are subject to jurisdiction under the Safety of Dams law.  See fee schedule.

SW-3A Special Application Reservoirs - (**download form before printing**) This form can be used for all Special Application reservoirs in lieu of the general mapping requirements necessary for most SW-3 reservoirs. Special Application reservoirs include all facilities with a dam less than 20 feet high and a capacity of less than 20 acre-feet. ($25 filing fee)

SW-4 Stock Reservoirs - (**download form before printing**) This form is to be used with facilities having a dam less than 20 feet high and a capacity of less than 20 acre-feet for stock use only.  ($25 filing fee)

SW-4A Stock Reservoir Multiple Points of Storage - This form is to accompany a SW-4 in cases where a pipeline extends from the stock reservoir to a stock tank or series of stock tanks.

Authorization To Correct The Record (no fee for filing)

ACR-1 (Petition for Authorization for Change of Location) - used to change the legal land description of a special application reservoir or stock reservoir 

ACR-2 (Petition for Authorization to Correct Record) - used to change physical characteristics of a special application reservoir or stock reservoir 

ACR-3 (Petition for Authorization to Change the Place of Storage) - used when the initial facility has completely silted in and the appropriator would like to transfer the storage immediately downstream to a new facility equal to or smaller in size 


Temporary Water Use Agreement -Surface Water Source - Request to allow a temporary change of use of a water right to occur for a maximum of two years.

Extension Request - (This form is to be printed on ONE piece of paper, front to back. The front page will print in portrait orientation. The back sheet will print landscape) 

Elimination Request - used to eliminate unadjudicated lands from a permit.  

Consent to Enlarge Ditch - formal request for consent from co-appropriators of a ditch being enlarged. 

Notice of Completion of Constructionused to inform that all of the construction work has been completed.

Notice of Beneficial Use of Water

Reinstatement of Notice of Beneficial Use

Reinstatement of Notice of Completion

Allocation of Interest and Capacity of Reservoir - used in conjunction with a secondary application to allocate a reservoir's capacity to specific acreages listed under that secondary.

Consent to Enlarge Reservoir

Consumptive Use Worksheet - Please note that this worksheet is only to be used to calculate consumptive use values and may be attached to a consumptive use report.  However, it does not replace an actual consumptive use report.